I am SO excited to be pregnant with #3! And now that I am officially out of the first trimester (15 weeks woohoo!), I am having more good days than bad. I was terribly sick with my first two babies, full on nausea from week 5 – 16, all day, all night, no relief. I lost more than 10 pounds in the first trimester with both of them because I could barely eat. Thankfully I haven’t been nearly as sick with this baby though. For the most part, as long as I ate something I could function at about 60% or so. I did lose a little weight but not much.
However, there have been new symptoms with this one…
- The exhaustion at first was almost unbearable, although despite needing a nap here and there, my energy is increasing.
- A random rash on my arms and legs. It’s very itchy, red and splotchy. It hangs around for about a week and then disappears for a few weeks only to flare up again.
- A mysterious cold that comes and goes but nobody else seems to catch… aches, stuffy nose, sore throat, sometimes a slight fever.
- Acne. My skin was awesome with the other two… this time, it’s worse than when I was in high school!
And then there are my usuals, other than
morning all day sickness…
- Round ligament pain, which came on as early as week 5 this time.
- My SPD (Symphasis Pubis Dysfunction) didn’t start until 18 weeks last time but I’ve been feeling “tugs” since the beginning… I started feeling real pain around 11 weeks. If you have SPD then YOU KNOW how scared this makes me!
- Anxiousness. I am always super anxious when I am pregnant but I think it’s a bit worse this time. I think it’s becuase it took us four years to get pregnant with our second, but it happened in two months with this one… part of me thinks it was too easy so something must be wrong.
- I can’t seem to get enough Zaxby’s Nuclear boneless buffalo wings… I’m like a mad woman! At one point I ate them for lunch 4 days in a row! I want more as I am typing!
- Lemon Lime beer salt
- Anything carbonated
- Meat, especially beef
- BBQ sauce
Oils I am Loving
- Diffusing Lemon and Peppermint helped with the nausea but only a little bit.
- Tranquil has helped with sleep.
- Lavender and Bergamot for anxiousness.
I am so looking forward to the second trimester when my nausea will hopefully subside for good. I am waiting for my energy to return because I have serious slacked in the homemaking department… I’m doing good to keep the kids alive at this point! My oldest has been very excited about getting another sibling… my youngest is just 2 years old and doesn’t understand it yet. For a while, each time I told her there was a baby in my belly she would say, “Ouch!!!” Maybe she thought I ate a baby?? Recently she has started kissing my belly, which basically turns my heart into a pile of mush! If everything goes ok this will be our last so I am desperately trying to cherish every moment… even the rough ones.